Fabrics for coating and coagulation, and the polyurethane chemical components are the protagonists of the production process. Gommatex produces polyurethane coagulated and coated articles for different market sectors; from leather to footwear, from clothing to furnishing. The fabrics for coating and coagulation and the polyurethane chemical components are the protagonists
of the production process that leads to the finished product. Fabrics and chemical products are chosen and purchased according to the physical and mechanical characteristics that the final result must have. Fabrics for coagulation, covered with polyurethane resin, are destined to the footwear sector; the fabrics used in coating are used for the reverse side of the finished product for leather or clothing articles.
Main production phasesStep by step towards the best results
- Choice of the fabric and preparation of the solution for coagulation.
- Impregnation of the fabric with solution for coagulation in appropriate H2O/DMF tanks.
- Drying of the fabric obtained in drying cylinders.
- Finishing, if necessary, of the coagulated fabric obtained through grinding, embossing print
- Finishing of the semi-finished product with a coating process, and if necessary printing with the use of water based products dissolved in organic solvents.
- Choice of the fabric and preparation of the polyurethane solution for coating.
- Coating of resin on transfer paper.
- Polymerisation and drying through passage in drying cylinders.
- Bonding on fabric or coagulated fabric
- Detachment of paper and rolling up
- Finishing obtained through printing, embossing, and bonding processes
Processes and Partnership
Gommatex main characteristic of is the partnership, with Finissaggio TRT srl and E.W.S srl companies, which allows it to vertically integrate the entire productive chain, ensuring the client a Made in Italy product.