Grafica giraffa ingl_1.jpg
Gommatex launches/promotes Akkadueo® Bio: a bio-based solution.


Gommatex introduces Akkadueo® Bio, a revolutionary/innovative solution for coated and coagulated polyurethane products. The historic company from Prato (the historic company based in Prato) has successfully completed a three-year trial to reduce the excessive pollution caused by traditional DMF production.    

The eco-sustainable turning point of Gommatex is advancing at rapid pace. (io personalmente eliminerei questa frase) The Tuscan company has accelerated the search for new coated and coagulated polyurethane products, a core business aimed at the medium-high-end fashion sector.

“The traditional process used for this type of coagulate is extremely polluting and energy-intensive. Three years ago Gommatex increased research to meet the needs of the new collective ecological awareness " explains engineer Alessandro Artusi, production manager of Gommatex.

With the introduction of new machinery and systems, both a product and an eco-responsible production process have been developed: "Thus was born the Akkadueo® Bio product, a polyurethane coagulate free of harmful chemical solvents, with a Bio Based component in the polyurethane raw material. "

 

The mix of recycled and GRS certified fibers with the use of Green Polyurethanes, allows us to produce coagulated and coated articles with about 60% Bio contribution, all without the use of chemical solvents and with a 95% reduction in methane heat requirements, 75% of the water resource, and 65% of electricity consumption. All this translates into lower carbon dioxide emissions than traditional production.

 

Giacomo Giovannelli, CEO of Gommatex adds: "Our company has always been careful to the issue

of sustainability and today more than ever, we believe that the definitive goal to aim for (we supposed to achieve at the end of 2022) is the certification of Gommatex production as carbon neutral." Last, but not least, the electricity that Gommatex uses comes from renewable sources, specifically 60% is self-produced with its own photovoltaic systems and the remaining 40% comes from the wind.

background).jpeg